BOCCE BALL CLUB RULES 2023
- All players need to be present 30 minutes prior to their scheduled start time or be pushed to a later time. The exception to this rule will be the first game, starters please be 20 minutes early.
- There 2 ways to pay season dues. The preferred payment is $30 per person for the season. Alternatively, dues can be $10 per person and each day of play is $1 each.
- A team may start their match with two members, late team members may join if alternates haven’t been picked.
- All players need to sign in and let the treasurer and scheduler know they are present.
- If for any reason you cannot play your scheduled match, with your opposing teams permission, you may postpone your match. Forfeits will be allowed, only after all attempts to make up the games have failed.
- If any team rescheduled a postponed game, they are still responsible for the game day dues and reporting your score.
- If you know that your entire team will not be present any week during the month of September, you may make up these games ahead of schedule but if it rains those games will not count.
- No games can be played before the scheduled start time on game days, but may be played after all games have been played. Or any other day or time of the week.
BOCCE BALL COURT RULES 2023
- Each player may toss the pallino any distance, however, the pallino must pass the center-line of the court.
- If a player fails to toss the pallino over the center-line of the court within two tosses, the pallino reverts to the other team.
- During play, if the pallino goes out of the playing area, the frame is replayed.
- When the pallino is in play, players must remain off the court.
- Players may step on, but not over the foul line when releasing the pallino or bocce balls.
- If a player throws a ball out of turn, that ball is disqualified, but not to displace any balls that were moved. If a player throws the wrong color bocce ball just switch that ball with the correct color ball and do not displace any balls that were moved and continue play.
- If a bocce ball leaves the court that ball is disqualified but all other balls must stay in play at their new location if they were moved.
- When measuring, only one player from each team is permitted on the courts. Try to keep measuring to a minimum.
- It is the responsibility of the losing team to brush the courts after the match is completed. Please hang the broom, do not leave the brush on its bristles.